Things to do in Chicago
Aloft Chicago City Center is located in the trendy River North neighborhood and just a short walk to many popular Chicago attractions. Shop along Michigan Avenue, also known as the Magnificent Mile, or catch a game at Soldier Field, then come back and enjoy a great meal or cocktail at Aloft. Planning your trip is a breeze with our list of things to do in Chicago.
There is a Chicago for everyone. Rachel's Chicago is full of great food. What's yours?
When Mike's not crafting beers at Goose Island, he's enjoying Chicago's music scene and fests.
Follow Ryan Mundy as he shows us his top places to go in Chicago.
- American Girl Place
- Chicago O'Hare International Airport
- Field Museum
- Grant Park
- Magnificent Mile
- Millennium Park
- Museum of Science and Industry
- Navy Pier
- Shedd Aquarium
- Skydeck Chicago
- Soldier Field
- Willis Tower
- Wrigley Field
How To Get Here
- Navy Pier (1.3 miles) - Looking for a hotel near Navy Pier? Aloft is a short cab ride away. With over 50 acres of parks, promenades, gardens, shops, eateries, and a 15-story tall Ferris wheel, Navy Pier is Chicago's lakefront playground and top tourist attraction. Catch a movie at the IMAX® Theater, unique exhibitions, dining & boat cruises, the Chicago Children's Museum and more!
- Millennium Park (.9 miles) - Experience a state-of-the-art collection of architecture, landscape design, and art. Plus enjoy free concerts, exhibitions, tours, and family activities.
- Shedd Aquarium (2.4 miles) - Meet over 32,600 animals from the world's fresh and salt waters at this indoor public aquarium.
- Grant Park (1.1 miles) - Enjoy over 319 acres of green space at Chicago's largest park.
- Magnificent Mile Shopping Michigan Avenue (.3 miles) - Enjoy a variety of boutiques and stores along the Magnificent Mile. Browse local boutiques and flagship stores including Bloomingdales, Macy's, Nordstrom, Barney's New York, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Neiman Marcus.
- Water Tower Place (.9 miles) - Shop 'til you drop at Water Tower Place. Find 100 shops and eateries under one roof.
- American Girl Place (.9 miles) - Find specialty shops, private dining, a photo studio, a doll hair salon, and so much more.
- Soldier Field (3.0 miles) - Home of the Chicago Bears and area events.
- Wrigley Field (6.0 miles) - Home of the Chicago Cubs and area events.
- United Center (3.4 miles) - Home of the Chicago Bulls & Chicago Blackhawks and area events.
- McCormick Place (5.8 miles) - Discover the premier convention facility in North America filled with promenades and sky bridges that link the entire center. Check out our list of downtown Chicago events.
- River North Neighborhood - Take your palate on an adventure, Chicago style. You'll find fine dining and gourmet local eateries in the popular River North neighborhood. Experience Chicago nightlife at popular hot spots like Paris Club, RPM, Hub 51, Hubbard Inn, and Untitled. View our list of things to do in River North Chicago here.
- Chicago Theater District (.6 miles) - Get a taste of Broadway in Chicago! The Theater District boasts landmark theaters including The Chicago Theatre, The Cadillac Palace Theatre, and Oriental Theatre.
Explore other things to do in River North.