Things to do in River North Chicago
Whether your stay at Aloft Chicago City Center is for business or pleasure, there are plenty of things to do in River North Chicago. The trendy River North Chicago neighborhood lies north of the Loop and west of the famed Michigan Avenue, with the Chicago River running along as its boundary on the south and west sides. Home to one of the country's largest collection of art galleries, River North is an art lover's dream featuring an abundance of antique furniture stores and decorative artists. Make sure to check out all the fun things to do in Chicago.
- The Shops at North Bridge (0.5 miles): The Shops at North Bridge is home to Nordstrom, Eataly, Sephora, Microsoft Store and 50 stores and restaurants. Get your shopping fix and grab a quick bite to eat as you explore.
- Merchandise Mart (0.5 miles): Shop till you drop at the Merchandise Mart. This building is a leading retailing and wholesale destination, hosting 20,000 visitors and tenants per day.
- Apparel Center (0.6 miles): The boutique shopping center is over 800,000 square feet and includes major tenants such as Ameritech, FOX Sports Chicago, Bank of America and 21st Century Telecom.
- Magnificent Mile (0.7 miles): The Magnificent Mile is an upscale section of Chicago's Michigan Avenue, running from the Chicago River to Oak Street in the Near North Side.
- Hilton-Asmus Contemporary Gallery (0.4 miles): This art gallery focuses on contemporary paintings, works on paper, textiles, and photography by Chicago-based artists.
- Addington Gallery (0.4 miles): Addington gallery features artists who work in a wide range of contemporary style, subjects, and mediums. Take in some beautiful artwork as you enjoy all that River North has to offer.
- Gruen Gallery (0.5 miles): Located in the heart of River North, this gallery features a mixture of cultures by housing African Art as well as contemporary American Art. With multiple levels and three galleries, the spacious Gruen Gallery houses creations in all mediums of art.
- Manifesto (0.5 miles): This art gallery is considered to be a new and eclectic art dealership specializing in unique vintage posters, carefully curated from around the world.
- Orange Skin (0.5 miles): Orange Skin is a leading source for modern and contemporary furniture in Chicago. Each piece is exquisitely handcrafted featuring a multitude of styles to fit your personality.
- David Weinberg Photography (0.6 miles): David Weinberg's focus for his photography is to educate and inform the public on issues of social justice. His photography is a must-see when exploring the city.
Wine & Dine
Food and wine lovers will enjoy a wonderful wine and dine experience in the River North neighborhood. There is a variety of delicious food and wine options for everyone to choose from.
- Bottlefork (0.2 miles): Considered to be one of Chicago's best restaurants, the stylist New American bar and kitchen showcases locally sourced and globally inspired cuisine.
- Sunda (0.2 miles): Enjoy delicious sushi and specialty cocktails at this New Asian restaurant.
- il Porcellino (0.2 miles): il Porcellino is a well-known local restaurant that offers classic Italian-American comfort food in a casual setting.
Looking to get a taste of the nightlife in River North neighborhood of Chicago? From loud dance clubs to intimate bars, there is something for everyone.
- Three Dots & a Dash (0.2 mi.): This eclectic bar blends a tropical feel with modern elements. Enjoy a delicious cocktail as you relax and enjoy this tiki bar.
- Howl at the Moon (0.2 mi.): Howl at the Moon is a high energy dueling piano bar that is half bar, half concert venue. This bar has lots to offer from all night dancing to signature drinks.
- The Underground (0.5 mi.): The Underground Chicago is one of the trendiest bars in Chicago. From private parties to featured events, there is something for everyone. Enjoy people watching and even celebrity sightings as you venture into this intriguing scene.
- SPiN (0.3 mi.): SPiN Chicago combines the fun of ping pong plus signature drinks and delicious food.
- Sub 51 (0.2 mi.): Sub 51 is a downstairs dance club located under Hub 51. With never a dull moment, this is the place to be for bottle service and late night dancing.
- Addington Gallery
- Apparel Center
- Chicago O'Hare International Airport
- David Weinberg Photography
- Gruen Gallery
- Hilton-Asmus Contemporary Gallery
- Howl at the Moon Chicago
- il Porcellino
- Magnificent Mile
- Merchandise Mart
- Orange Skin
- Studio Paris
- SUB 51
- The Shops at North Bridge
- The Underground
- Three Dots and a Dash